• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i really need some advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flisa

i'm in tn and my husband is a control freak. we have been together 7 years(no children together).in this 7 years we divorced and remarried, we haven't been apart over 2 weeks in the 7 years.we bought our home while we were divorced and it's in his name only(i picked it out and he said he was buying it for me...yea right).both vehicles are in his name, but we did have one in both our names and he traded one day without my knowledge.i made the payments on the one in both our names.i am laid-off from work because my job moved to mexico. every time i talked of getting a job he said i wasn't working 2nd shift and if i did i could find another home. now i cannot drive either of "his" vehicles to find a job.every gift he has every given me he has taken away from me. i want out of this,but he says i will not get anything,plus i'll have to pay half of all debt(credit cards, loans,etc). all this stuff is in his name.he leaves me home with no transportation, and we have 2 vehicles. the one left at home he takes the battery out and takes with him to work. i feel i have no hope. can i at least get a vehicle if i divorce him. he tells me evryday almost that he could do so much better than me, as depressed as i am right now, maybe he's right. any advice would be so greatly appreciated.

A

amazeme

i am not a lawyer but i have been to similar sitaution. my husband even took my cash from my bank. but don't u worry. be smart . if u really want a divorce from him and u r capable of getting job out side than apply for job via net or fax your resume. when u have appt go via taxi don't tell him what u r doing. be very nice to him in mean time but not too nice were he can suspect anything... also collect proof of every thing make copies and save it in very safe place outside the house.
when he says u can't work say ok but then when he ask for money make him aware of his own order to you for not working. he will get very upset but stay calm unless he comes to hit u call police.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">