• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was told I have to get a divorce inorder to keep DHS out of my baby's life.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sasharose

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

My husband and I are currently married with our first baby on the way. My husband has previous DHS charges against him like domestic violence he needs to take a domestic violence class and parenting class in order for us to stay a family. I was told by his DHS worker that if I didn't want DHS involved in my babies live that I will need to get a divorce. Which is something I don't want to do. Is that really the only choice I have?

seniorjudge

My husband and I are currently married with our first baby on the way. My husband has previous DHS charges against him like domestic violence he needs to take a domestic violence class and parenting class in order for us to stay a family. I was told by his DHS worker that if I didn't want DHS involved in my babies live that I will need to get a divorce. Which is something I don't want to do. Is that really the only choice I have?
Who is telling you all this stuff and why?

Some Random Guy

You don't need to get a divorce. Just stop living with your husband and make sure he never sees his children again.

Absent that, you will find that DHS will insert themselves into your baby's life to try to protect them against the abuser that you married.

LdiJ

How does DHS know that he married you, and that you are pregnant? Why doesn't he want to take the classes that he is required to take?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">