• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

advice100

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I have been married for 13 years and have not been intimate with my wife for 5 years. I am unhappy and have been so for a long time. We have next to nothing in common anymore. I work as much as possible to not be home.
Are these grounds enough for my state?
I have not left because I feel guilty for feeling this way and awhile back she had a tumor but is fine now.
Will I lose my 401k, pension and everything I have worked for?
She works part time and makes 5 figures, I make 6
Will I have to pay alimony and for how long?
I just want as clean a break as possible

Please Help

Sincerely

Lonely and depressed

advice100

She refuses to go to counseling with me
In the past I had mentioned separation but she threatened me with the child but he is grown now,

BelizeBreeze

advice100 said:
She refuses to go to counseling with me
In the past I had mentioned separation but she threatened me with the child but he is grown now,
Then YOU go to counselling. If after you do, you still want to get "OUT" then by all means go for it.

HomeGuru

BelizeBreeze said:
Then YOU go to counselling. If after you do, you still want to get "OUT" then by all means go for it.

**A: and also see a legal counselor that specializes in family law.

advice100

I have already spoken to a counselor a few times on my own and have come to the conclusion I would be happier on my own. I have put all I can in this marriage and am miserable. I just dont know if I have enough grounds in my state to divorce. We barely speak to each other unless necessary. I dont want to live like a prisoner anymore. There has to be more to life. I am just worried about it being long and drawn out and very costly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">