• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want to remarry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

apol

My annulment case is already on process, but me and my spouse are separated for already seven years.
Can't I remarry even though my annulment case isn't approved until now?

Kindly help me with this agony...

My annulment case is already on process, but me and my spouse are separated for already seven years.
Can't I remarry even though my annulment case isn't approved until now?

Kindly help me with this agony...
If you are in the US, no you cannot get married until your annulment is finalized.

OHRoadwarrior

Apparently, you struck out the first time and have not cleaned up the mess. I would not be in such a hurry to make the same mistake.

sandyclaus

When you're married, you're married. There are very few countries and cultures that allow you to marry again while still married to a current spouse. Not knowing which country you're in, there's no way to know if yours is one that does - and even if we knew here, this forum only addresses questions pertaining to US laws, so we couldn't assist.

If you have to get an annulment to void an existing marriage, chances are excellent that you won't be permitted to re-marry until the process is completed. If you try to re-marry sooner than that, you're probably facing bigamy, which is illegal in most countries.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">