• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I would like an annulment.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

k8lin03

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

My husbands in the military and we were married one year ago. Shortly after we were married I realized he was addicted to games which was something he kept from me before we were married. He treated me like I was his mother. He expected me to do everything for him. I tried many times to show him that he had an addictiion. He refused to see and didn t care. Until I told him that I wanted to be seperated then he wanted to change. But not enough. There was some physical abuse and mental abuse that occurred. I really want to know if I could get an anullement and how I go about. I dont know anything about divorce but I do know that its expensive. I dont have a lot of money for that. I would like to know what my options are.

Isis1

getting an annulment is almost next to impossible given the length of your marriage.

a divorce is possible it's quicker and cheaper.

who did you report the abuse to?

In Pennsylvania, invalid marriages include situations such as when either party had an existing spouse at the time of the marriage, when the parties are blood relatives within a certain degree, or when either party could not consent because of a mental defect or other related reason. Other marriages may be declared void by Pennsylvania courts and an annulment granted if requested by one of the parties. In Pennsylvania, voidable marriages arise when the spouses are less than sixteen years of age and lack the consent of a parent or the court to marry, where either party was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, when either party was at the time of the marriage incurably impotent and when either party entered into the marriage as a result of fraud, duress, coercion, or force. Marriage is a contract, and if either individual was unable to enter into the contract, the court may determine that no contract of marriage ever existed

DivorceNet - Pennsylvania Divorce and Annulment Laws

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

My husbands in the military and we were married one year ago. Shortly after we were married I realized he was addicted to games which was something he kept from me before we were married. He treated me like I was his mother. He expected me to do everything for him. I tried many times to show him that he had an addictiion. He refused to see and didn t care. Until I told him that I wanted to be seperated then he wanted to change. But not enough. There was some physical abuse and mental abuse that occurred. I really want to know if I could get an anullement and how I go about. I dont know anything about divorce but I do know that its expensive. I dont have a lot of money for that. I would like to know what my options are.
It would be far cheaper to get divorced than to get an annulment, even if you qualified for an annulement, and I don't believe that you do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">