• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Iaal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

she'salligot

TEXAS-can you help me find a blank divorce petition for me to fill in myself and file?
I'm being told that there is such a file to be retreived and do myself, but I can't seem to find it.thanks!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

she'salligot said:
TEXAS-can you help me find a blank divorce petition for me to fill in myself and file?
I'm being told that there is such a file to be retreived and do myself, but I can't seem to find it.thanks!

My response:

It's not just a matter of finding and filling out a Petition. There are many other forms you'll need.

Therefore, I suggest that you go to your nearest courthouse, and see the Family Law Civil Filing Clerk. Ask for a Divorce Kit. It's inexpensive, has all the forms and instructions within the kit. However, I really would suggest that you also go to your nearest, and larger, bookstore to buy a book on the subject of Divorce, which will not only give you more details for using the Kit, but will also answer many questions you're bound to have. It will also explain many of the procedures you're going to need to utilize. Most of these books are written for the layperson, and are written in "step-by-step" form.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

S

she'salligot

THANK YOU! I BELEIVE I HAVE FOUND A NO FAULT DIVORCE KIT ON THE NET (DIVORCE.COM)

What would be the difference inbetween all of these divorce kits that I would need to look for? We do have 1 child, and own our home-but not the property. I will be leaving the home with my spouse. Should the kit contain something to the fact of custody, and dividing our assets?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">