• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If she filed..do i still have to sleep there?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

If you're speaking of your wife filing;

Unless she had you chained in the basement you were never required to sleep there.

rmontgomery

Is it abondonment if im still see them and pay all the.bills? we have.court feb. 8th.

I still pay all the bills..l pick up kids from school..and drop them off. And on the.weekends i take them for 8 hours a day. I cant sleep at our house..so Ive been sleeping in my car. When we.go to.court on feb. 8th...can she.say i abandoned them? Will the.court.hold it agaimst me for sleeping in my car? Please give me some advise. California

rmontgomery

She says Im being selfish by not being there. I have been with her.for.21 years...i just need to know i can live on my own.

rmontgomery

We have.three.cars..two are paid for and im driving the new car that has a $450 payment. The other cars run fine..one only has 110,000 miles. Three kids..17..12..8. Im not.sleeping at the.residence cause I just cant. Its not my house anymore I.feel like

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
We have.three.cars..two are paid for and im driving the new car that has a $450 payment. The other cars run fine..one only has 110,000 miles. Three kids..17..12..8. Im not.sleeping at the.residence cause I just cant. Its not my house anymore I.feel like
MAN up! Sleeping in the car is not "living on your own". That's playing at being homeless. Your kids need to see you acting like a grown-up person. You don't have to sleep in the same bed, but you can sleep under the same roof. Or have you no interest in any sort of joint physical time?

stellas

MAN up! Sleeping in the car is not "living on your own". That's playing at being homeless. Your kids need to see you acting like a grown-up person. You don't have to sleep in the same bed, but you can sleep under the same roof. Or have you no interest in any sort of joint physical time?
Legally, this ^

She probably can't nail you for abandonment but no judge is going to give you any sort of custody while you're living in a car. You're just asking for a protracted court process and probably some scathing lectures from a judge. Sound like for everyones emotional and mental health, you need to get a roof over your head. Then you need to get to court and get your custody in order so she can't hang anything over your head.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Good jimminy crickets!

So, you've effectively abandoned the marital home for some unspecified reason, but your main concern is that she is filing for divorce based on her frustration with the situation.

What do you want? To stay married to her? Clearly not. So why shouldn't she file for divorce?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">