• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

if transgendered spouses changes gender, do I need a divorce?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweetlilpiglet

What is the name of your state? Florida

This is quite an odd question but I am curious. I was married for around 19 years when I found out my husband was transgendered. That was back in 1999 and he had the full operation, gender reassignment in July 2003. My question is, since I am a woman and he is now a woman, are we still married? Do I need to get a divorce to dissolve the marriage? :p

moburkes

What is the name of your state? Florida

This is quite an odd question but I am curious. I was married for around 19 years when I found out my husband was transgendered. That was back in 1999 and he had the full operation, gender reassignment in July 2003. My question is, since I am a woman and he is now a woman, are we still married? Do I need to get a divorce to dissolve the marriage? :p
Yes, you're still married, unless you want to get a divorce.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yo9u need a divorce because you were oppsitie gender upon birh and marriage. Therefore you need a divore or you will FOREVER be married.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">