• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IL/Germany Divorce spousal support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

twicebitten

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I married 03/04/05 to a German man. He has now decided to go back to Germany in October 2005. I have found out that he is commiting adultery. I have worked for 18 years at the same job. He lived in my house for almost 3 years and did not help with the bills. I want a divorce. Would I be entitled to alimony?

LdiJ

twicebitten said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

I married 03/04/05 to a German man. He has now decided to go back to Germany in October 2005. I have found out that he is commiting adultery. I have worked for 18 years at the same job. He lived in my house for almost 3 years and did not help with the bills. I want a divorce. Would I be entitled to alimony?
Alimony is dependent on the length of the marriage and the incomes of the parties. You haven't even been married for a year. Alimony is out of the question. Its unlikely that either one of you will get anything more than what you had going into the marriage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">