• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal immigrant divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lauraflynnroger

What do i do? i married an illegal immigrant and he has disappeared. was it a legal marriage? do i still have to get a divorce?What is the name of your state?

LdiJ

What do i do? i married an illegal immigrant and he has disappeared. was it a legal marriage? do i still have to get a divorce?What is the name of your state?
Yes, you still have to get a divorce. Consult a local attorney. If you cannot locate your spouse you may have to serve him via publication.

skt2u2

Help Help Help

HELP...I cannot figure out how to post a question so I took this route. I am in desperate need of advice. I am currently in the middle of a messy vindictive divorce from a British citizen. She entered this country via passport and we married in California shortly thereafter. I have a child born in the US from her. For the last 2 years she has refused to attempt to obtain citizenship by any other means than my sponsership. I did the necessary paperwork to do this prior to filing for divorce. I just learned that I do not meet the financial guidelines to be her sponser. Now, as best I can see, her only option is to return to England and re-enter legally. Is this correct? Now, if that is the case, can she take my daughter out of her country to do this since she has been illegally in this country for 2 years now. I just figured out why she was demanding, and still is, that I sponser her...A FREE RIDE. She has 3 contempt of court charges against her at this time and was previously charged with domestic battery. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP....thanks so much for any responses. Also, would I be obligated to pay spousal support to an illegal??

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
First of all start your own thread. There is little button called "Start a new Thread" or Post a thread. Click on it.

skt2u2

Thanks

Thanks for your response. Color me stupid....where is the POST A NEW THREAD Button?
Let me assure you I love my child with all my heart. It is her mother that is using her as a weapon**************......denying me access for court ordered visitation, stalking, threatening kidnapping, etc. I have done nothing but love my child and provide for her since the get go.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">