• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm Hurting Here!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Debbie Hagan

What is the name of your state? Texas
Since no one would reply to my last post, I will make this short and sweet. If a divorce case has been re-opened, is the decree still valid? As far as the terms and conditions of the decree.Thanks

H

hexeliebe

I can see why no one replied. There is not enough information.

Are you asking is the divorce still valid? Or are you asking if the division of property, visitation and/or support issues are still valid?

Debbie Hagan

Thank you!

I guess I don't know what is needed to get an answer. Yes, is the divorce still valid? Yes, is the content of the last decree that was signed by a judge still valid? Does my husband have to pay her 2000.00 dollars even though he was unable to borrow it in his name. The new mortgage is in my name because of his credit score. I am very confused as to why my husband was forced to absorb all the debts and sole care of his son, when if the case had been reversed and he had walked out, I am positive he would be paying child support and things would have been tilted in her favor as they were anyway. I just don't get it. That's all. Sorry, thanks again.

H

hexeliebe

First I sense a very strong disappointment in you. Have patience. The people who can help you best don't have time to be on the board 24X7 and you need to respect this by waiting and not posting more threads.

Now, that being said, if you had an attorney for this latest round you need to be sitting him/her down and have what I call a "come to jesus" meeting.

IF your husband is the primary caregiver and he does not receive child support from the ex, I'd be back in court in a heartbeat with a new petition to stick up her (well, you know what I'm getting at).

Debbie Hagan

Once again, I'm Sorry

I am very ignorant to the laws of divorce and child support. I was caught totally off guard by the man that was here to serve my husband with papers concerning his ex. I got on here and rattled my head off and was anxiously waiting for a miracle cure. Sorry. My husbands attorney in the past 2 divorce hearings is no longer employed by my husband. As a matter of fact, someone from this web site advised him to get a different attorney because of the way all this was handled by his last one. So, he has in fact found a new attorney and he has all the case history and files that he is going over. I know this could be a long drawn out affair, I was just panicking that if we did not send his ex $2000.00 immediately, my husband would go to jail. That's all. I just don't see how the court can make him pay money from a loan he did not get. Thanks again. I will try to settle down in the future and not be so impatient. :)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Your husband is in contempt of the order by not paying that $2k. The judge isn't going to be interested in whose name the loan is in, etc. All he's going to be interested in is that your husband disregarded the order.

Debbie Hagan

Thank you for your info

I think at this point, we realize that. His ex is also in contempt when we went back and re-read the last decree. She was suppose to carry their son on her company insurance and provide us with the information and forms to use for that purpose. She has not done that as yet. Also, she was suppose to supply my husband with copies of an IRS issue that was hers the year that she left. She had closed out a couple of different accounts that my husband did not know anything about. He filed their taxes, as per the divorce decree, and then got a letter saying that more was owed because of her not telling him about the other accounts. Is this not "Payton Place" or what? I cannot believe that one person can be so vicious and sneeky after 23 years of marriage and 2 children later. Whatever!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">