• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Impasse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

22maddogfla

Florida - When an impasse is declared in a divorce case what follows? My husband has filed a "request for an impasse notice". We have been through 2 mediations. Please tell me what I can expect to happen now. I am losing the advise of my attorney because I can no longer pay. My husband has unlimited funds to proceed. Since I will have to fight this myself, please tell me what to expect and how to protect myself. We have been married just under 10 yrs.

Bali Hai

22maddogfla said:
Florida - When an impasse is declared in a divorce case what follows? My husband has filed a "request for an impasse notice". We have been through 2 mediations. Please tell me what I can expect to happen now. I am losing the advise of my attorney because I can no longer pay. My husband has unlimited funds to proceed. Since I will have to fight this myself, please tell me what to expect and how to protect myself. We have been married just under 10 yrs.
Your case will probably end up back in front of the judge who ordered the mediation.

The judge thought your case simple enough that it could be worked out without paying expensive litigation costs.

The judge will now probably zero in on the unreasonable party and whack them.

Gracie3787

22maddogfla said:
Most likely a hearing date will be set. Since you are going pro-se you need to read up on all the laws to prepare yourself for court.

The Florida Statutes on divorce, etc. can be found at www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/ chapter 61

The Florida Rules of Civil Procedure can be found at http://phonl.com/fl_law/rules/frcp/

The Florida Family Law Rules of Procedure can be found at http://phonl.com/fl_law/rules/famlawrules/

Forms and other info can be found at www.flcourts.org/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">