• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Improper/Untimely Service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jtcala

What is the name of your state? CA

My ex attempted to serve me with an OSC. However, the friend of his that did this for him served the papers 2 days after the court's deadline (this is on top of the fact that there was an order to shorten time). Also, I was not at home at the time, so the papers were left with my 13 year old daughter. I gather that this wasn't the proper service method.

How should I reply...or do I even need to based on the questionable service technique?

LdiJ

jtcala said:
What is the name of your state? CA

My ex attempted to serve me with an OSC. However, the friend of his that did this for him served the papers 2 days after the court's deadline (this is on top of the fact that there was an order to shorten time). Also, I was not at home at the time, so the papers were left with my 13 year old daughter. I gather that this wasn't the proper service method.

How should I reply...or do I even need to based on the questionable service technique?
Its wisest to reply. The bottom line is that you do have the paperwork and know about his petition. However, it certainly wouldn't hurt to mention the questionable service in your response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">