• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

incomplete divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pattilj

:confused: california law

I started my divorce 10 years ago. how do i restart it? do i need to find my exhusband to restart our case?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

pattilj said:
:confused: california law

I started my divorce 10 years ago. how do i restart it? do i need to find my exhusband to restart our case?
My response:

Since the time limit for completion of your previous Petition for Dissolution has long ago expired, you'll need to file another Petition.

You need to make a "diligent" effort - - not a "Herculean" effort - - to locate your husband. If you can't locate him, you'll need to file a request for an Order to have your Summons for Dissolution published in a newspaper of General Circulation in the county where he was last known to have resided.

You can get further details about "diligent" efforts, and the process for publication, by buying a book on Divorce from your local, and larger, bookstore. Follow instructions and directions extremely carefully when doing this on your own.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">