• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indigent Inmate Filing for Divorce in Texas.. Wife lives in Fl

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CharlieD's Wife

What is the name of your state? Texas and Florida

I live in Florida. My husband is incarcerated in Texas. He's filed a *no fault* divorce in Brazoria county Texas. Under NORMAL circumstances I would not contest this.. But, these are FAR from normal. So I need help with the laws of Texas pertainin' to inmates and divorces. I have sent a reply to the courts explaining all the details and sending documentation to back up everything stated. I asked the courts to not grant this divorce at this time reasons below
1) The the Florida charges against his representative whom has a power of attorney are resolved. (Explanation as to why i put thisThe.. the person that has the power of attorney is a drug/alcoholic. She has used the power of attorney to steal MY identity as well as apply for credit and credit cards. There are charges filed against her in Florida for Identity theft and will most likely include fraud and larceny before all is said and done)
2) that husband is released from prison and can attend the proceedings on his own behalf ( Explanation: I feel it's in appropriate and highly unethical for a person that has played a MAJOR role in him being back in prison and also destroying not only our marriage but MY life should have any control/power to make ANY decisions pertaining to my life or my marriage)
3) that husband show that courts that he has successfully completed extensive (not less than 90 days) drug/alcohol counseling AND mental health counseling (Explanation: my husband is a VERY bad alcohol.. the witch with the power of attorney has ALOT of influence over him due to his alcoholism. He needs to have a CLEAR and SOBER *not a dry drunk* mind and really needs to face and deal with his childhood/life issues that play such a major role in his alcohol addictions)

My husband has been lead to believe by this psycho with the power of attorney that *I'M* the one that has been applying for credit cards and all the stuff that SHE has charges against her for. She is currently under investigation and more and more evidence is piling up against her. There may also be federal charges against her to false address changes and mail tampering thru the USPS. I have no doubt at all just by what my husband wrote in the letter along with the divorce petition that SHE is leading him to believe that if he divorces me that I won't have a case against her. I also KNOW that she has told him that if she goes down on these charges that he will to. He's already in prison and now feels he's goin to get more charges due to this situation. He was out on parole in July 2003. He met this psycho in Feb. 2004 and by June 2004 was back in Jail for parole violation due to her and HIS drinking. He got his parole reinstated and out in Dec. 2004 exactly 3 months later in March he was arrested again on the exact same thing and of course, she was right there with him. This time his parole has been revoked.

I need to know if Texas will pay for an indigent divorce if it's contested and also if I can in fact contest a no fault and if the reasons stated above would be sufficent for a judge to postpone a decision on a divorce until the 3 conditions are met??

Thanx in advance for any and all help

Cindy aka Charlie D's wife (not sure for how long tho <SIGH>)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">