• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is insanity a defense in adultery?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Colorado

After reading BelizeB reply to the "Awkward Question.." post by NCWife listing the grounds for divorce, which included "incurable insanity"....I became curious.

After reading a reply to one of my posts where a guy successfully defended himself against rape charges with a "sleep deprevation" angle, I am even more curious...

I am in a "no fault" state, and it is too late to save me anyhow, but I am wondering, in states where it can be a factor...:My Question Is:

Is insanity an option for someone to use to defend themselves regarding adultery accusations?

I realize the following is not the legal definition, but it is one of my favorite definitions of insanity....: "Doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results".

Bali Hai

trustknow1 said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado

My Question Is:

Is insanity an option for someone to use to defend themselves regarding adultery accusations?

It doesn't matter if you are insane, committed adultery or are in control of your mental process and didn't violate any grounds for divorce.

If the other party wants a divorce, you are going to be divorced.

I realize the following is not the legal definition, but it is one of my favorite definitions of insanity....: "Doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results".
Certainly this would be a factor in determining sanity, especially when applied to marriage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">