• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance for spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

timtiger59

What is the name of your state? Oregon...I was married 3 weeks and my spouse left. She is dragging the divorce out so she can stay on my employee insurance as a dependant. Do I have to keep her on the insurance or can I take her off, legally??

T

timtiger59

I tried

yes, I looked into annulment and got blocked there too..

and I don't blame anyone, I just support my country

G

GiGi2

COBRA

I believe you can go to your Insurance Plan Administrator with divorce filing papers, and ask that she be removed as beneficiary. She will be notified and have a chance to get insurance through COBRA. Go to Google.com and put in COBRA Insurance. Gives a lot of information.

VeronicaGia

Re: I tried

timtiger59 said:
yes, I looked into annulment and got blocked there too..

and I don't blame anyone, I just support my country
Yes, so do I.

Some of us have little "sayings" that appear with every post. You can create one too if you'd like. Mine was intended for the hanging chads war that continues to this day, but it is still a good saying. And it is, of course, true.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">