• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Intentionally Filing False Affidavits - Criminal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

itsmylife

Is it criminal in Nevada for someone to knowingly file a false affidavit with a government agency? My ex-spouse knowingly filed a false affidavit with the district attorney in regards to my payments of child support and alimony. In front of the family court judge I was able to prove it was false and that all payments were not only made but that she personally cashed the checks! Two years after the divorce she continues to do things like this with no consequences...What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

Is it criminal in Nevada for someone to knowingly file a false affidavit with a government agency? My ex-spouse knowingly filed a false affidavit with the district attorney in regards to my payments of child support and alimony. In front of the family court judge I was able to prove it was false and that all payments were not only made but that she personally cashed the checks! Two years after the divorce she continues to do things like this with no consequences...What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You could try your local District Attorney, but I doubt if they're going to do anything.

I would ask the divorce court for sanctions - including him or her paying all legal expenses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">