• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

international divorce?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dahcmai

Michigan

I live in Michigan, but my wife is from Bulgaria and here on a permanant residency card. It still has the restrictions on it as I haven't scheduled the last interview to make it permanant for 10 years.

Here's my problem, I found out she plans to leave me for another man soon. She's been seeing him on the side. I don't know if she only stayed with me for the paperwork, but I don't think it matters to much. Then again, she may only be waiting until I finish it. I am starting to think so.

The main question is, what am I looking at? I have no clue how to deal with the government if she wants to leave. I'd let her go and there's no kids, assets, or anything that make most marridges a living hell. I guess I got lucky there. There's nothing she could take even if she went to court anyway, I'm not exactly rich. Maybe alimony since she has never worked and I have been supporting her since she got here.

If I end up getting my involuntary divorce I want it as painless as possible. What should I do? She doesn't even know I know about that guy yet. I haven't said a word or even led on. There's nothing to really proove it anyway, she talks to him over the computer and I know keylogging is a form of spying really so I can't even do that, least I don't think i can.

Someone give me a lil good news or at least what to expect would be nice.

: (

LdiJ

dahcmai said:
Michigan

I live in Michigan, but my wife is from Bulgaria and here on a permanant residency card. It still has the restrictions on it as I haven't scheduled the last interview to make it permanant for 10 years.

Here's my problem, I found out she plans to leave me for another man soon. She's been seeing him on the side. I don't know if she only stayed with me for the paperwork, but I don't think it matters to much. Then again, she may only be waiting until I finish it. I am starting to think so.

The main question is, what am I looking at? I have no clue how to deal with the government if she wants to leave. I'd let her go and there's no kids, assets, or anything that make most marridges a living hell. I guess I got lucky there. There's nothing she could take even if she went to court anyway, I'm not exactly rich. Maybe alimony since she has never worked and I have been supporting her since she got here.

If I end up getting my involuntary divorce I want it as painless as possible. What should I do? She doesn't even know I know about that guy yet. I haven't said a word or even led on. There's nothing to really proove it anyway, she talks to him over the computer and I know keylogging is a form of spying really so I can't even do that, least I don't think i can.

Someone give me a lil good news or at least what to expect would be nice.

: (
Well...the divorce would certainly be less painful and hostile if you didn't mess up her immigration status.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">