• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

International Marriage - need annulment or divorce due to bigamy - one minor child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
make sure he signs a waiver of service as well. Some courts are extremely picky -- even if both courts sign it they want to see that. Also you better include a chlid support/custody agreement -- also required when children are involved.

juliejulie

Colorado Law

From what I gather, the parenting-time, decision-making, and child-support agreement are all included in the divorce proceedings in Colorado. It's quite a long document, but this is what I'm going by.....

http://www.codivorce.com/default.htm
(Click on the "children" tab)
(Click on "Connecting with your kids at the Colorado")

It expresses the requirements toward the beginning of the document followed by all of the forms necessary at the bottom. A great resource if any of you reply a post to another Colorado Resident.

The Waiver of Service? How and where do I get that form and can you briefly explain it to me???

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
juliejulie said:
From what I gather, the parenting-time, decision-making, and child-support agreement are all included in the divorce proceedings in Colorado. It's quite a long document, but this is what I'm going by.....

http://www.codivorce.com/default.htm
(Click on the "children" tab)
(Click on "Connecting with your kids at the Colorado")

It expresses the requirements toward the beginning of the document followed by all of the forms necessary at the bottom. A great resource if any of you reply a post to another Colorado Resident.

The Waiver of Service? How and where do I get that form and can you briefly explain it to me???
The waiver of service is something that is written up and signed/notarized by the other party which states that they have waived the service requirements and do not need served according to the Rules of Civil Procedure as they are consenting to the action.

juliejulie

Mental Institution here I come.

It's not surprising, he now says he won't help me at all. I'm so sorry for aggravating all of you for the same freaking situation. This guy is turning into a real looney-tune. He is now blaming me for my part in all of this. He says I knew about he and his other wife from the beginning, after all of the multiple lies on top of lies that he has told me. He accuses ME of being a wolf in sheep's clothing. He says if I take my daughter away from him. He will one day come for her.

Dear God help me.

No one has mentioned "publication" yet. Is this not an option for me? Someone please let me know what they know of it. I just want this over with. I can't afford to have him served in another country. I just don't have the money. I will make one more attempt to contact the American company he works for off-shore Africa to see if they provide personal service. After that, I'm screwed.

I humbly thank you for your continued effort in advising me.

juliejulie

No one knows anything about this???

Can anyone tell me anything about divorce through "publication"? I do know what city and country he's in. I do know what company he works for but he works off-shore and I don't have an address. He now tells me he's not going to help me with the divorce and it's not as easy as finding an evading spouse right here in the U.S. I can't go find him myself and I doubt any official in such a country as his would make much of an effort to find him.

CAN I DO PUBLICATION IN HIS COUNTRY?? Would a judge honor it? Can someone please advise me about this?

This is getting crazier by the day and I need to get this done without trying to work my way through the maze of lies and tricks which could take forever. A maze of lies and tricks on home-turf is difficult enough. But on foreign soil it is impossible.

Silverplum

juliejulie said:
Can anyone tell me anything about divorce through "publication"? I do know what city and country he's in. I do know what company he works for but he works off-shore and I don't have an address. He now tells me he's not going to help me with the divorce and it's not as easy as finding an evading spouse right here in the U.S. I can't go find him myself and I doubt any official in such a country as his would make much of an effort to find him.

CAN I DO PUBLICATION IN HIS COUNTRY?? Would a judge honor it? Can someone please advise me about this?

This is getting crazier by the day and I need to get this done without trying to work my way through the maze of lies and tricks which could take forever. A maze of lies and tricks on home-turf is difficult enough. But on foreign soil it is impossible.
And it's even harder to do over the internet. PLEASE, use the yellow pages. Find family law attorneys. Pick one. Hire him/her. Request that your legal fees be paid by your stbx.

juliejulie

????

Silverplum,

Do you mean get a lawyer to advise me on going the "publication" route? And do you mean petition to have him pay for the fees? The problem is, he'll probably never come here for court and he's not in this country. He's not a U.S. citizen and he doesn't pay taxes. Can and will the judge still order him to pay the fees? Because the attorney will never see the money. Not unless there's some way they can garnish his wages from the company he works for in Africa.

ceara19

juliejulie said:
Silverplum,

Do you mean get a lawyer to advise me on going the "publication" route? And do you mean petition to have him pay for the fees? The problem is, he'll probably never come here for court and he's not in this country. He's not a U.S. citizen and he doesn't pay taxes. Can and will the judge still order him to pay the fees? Because the attorney will never see the money. Not unless there's some way they can garnish his wages from the company he works for in Africa.
Almost every court has a different set of rules for notification by publication. The wording would have to be EXACT and that could be hard to do if you are placing the ad in a foreign paper.

You really need to talk to an attorney. There are other alternatives to personal service, I've seen judges accept service via FEDEX. But since it varies from court to court, no one here will be able to give you the options available in YOUR court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">