• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

JT Petition to Set Aside Dissolution of marriage filed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?missouri
I was looking at the docket for my parents divorce...can anyone tell me what these statements mean?

Both parties appear pro se. Joint Petition to Set Aside Dis
solution granted, order of 5/27/98, set aside, no Judgment e
ntered. TEM/ms

Dismissed for failure to take action.

(i know what pro se means...but am confused about rest)
I mean it sounds like they are not divorced...i mean set aside dissolution sound s like they changed their minds. I hope not..they are remarried. :confused: :eek:

It appears that the marriage dissolution was set aside. There presently is not a divorce. Either one or both parties requested for it to be set aside and one party did not respond, or neither party followed the rules and the court had no other choice but to set it aside. It appears whoever that is, is still married, is that a good thing???

Gracie3787

howamidoing said:
What is the name of your state?missouri
I was looking at the docket for my parents divorce...can anyone tell me what these statements mean?

Both parties appear pro se. Joint Petition to Set Aside Dis
solution granted, order of 5/27/98, set aside, no Judgment e
ntered. TEM/ms

Dismissed for failure to take action.

(i know what pro se means...but am confused about rest)
I mean it sounds like they are not divorced...i mean set aside dissolution sound s like they changed their minds. I hope not..they are remarried. :confused: :eek:
What was the date of your parents' divorce? Was it 5/27/98? Bulldogg may be correct, however it could be viewed another way-

Both parties filed to set aside divorce that had been granted and ordered on 5/27/98. They filed pro-se.
For whatever reason, a judgement wasn't entered on request to set aside.
The entire matter of setting aside the divorce was dismissed because either the parties (or possibly the court) did not pursue the issue further.

If the above is the case, then your parents' would still be legally divorced. Did you look at docket on-line, or did you go to courthouse and view actual file? Since there isn't any judgement/order actually setting aside divorce listed on docket, my advice is to go look at file to see if order exists but wasn't docketed. (alot of things can be put in file without being "docketed").

If you can't find an order, you really need to let your parents' know so that can do what they need to do to correct the problem.

Gracie3787 said:
What was the date of your parents' divorce? Was it 5/27/98? Bulldogg may be correct, however it could be viewed another way-

Both parties filed to set aside divorce that had been granted and ordered on 5/27/98. They filed pro-se.
For whatever reason, a judgement wasn't entered on request to set aside.
The entire matter of setting aside the divorce was dismissed because either the parties (or possibly the court) did not pursue the issue further.

If the above is the case, then your parents' would still be legally divorced. Did you look at docket on-line, or did you go to courthouse and view actual file? Since there isn't any judgement/order actually setting aside divorce listed on docket, my advice is to go look at file to see if order exists but wasn't docketed. (alot of things can be put in file without being "docketed").

If you can't find an order, you really need to let your parents' know so that can do what they need to do to correct the problem.
I looked online..I'll check further into it..Thank you.I checked and it looks like they were finally divorced in 12/98.. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">