• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judges order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Diamondmae

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I was divorced over a year ago, my x was ordered by the judge to take over payments on a camper, to this day he has not done so and is always 2 months behind. He will not give me the camper or sell it, what can I do

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I was divorced over a year ago, my x was ordered by the judge to take over payments on a camper, to this day he has not done so and is always 2 months behind. He will not give me the camper or sell it, what can I do
Pay off the camper and have the ex pay you directly. If he fails to pay, take him back to court for contempt.

mistoffolees

Pay off the camper and have the ex pay you directly. If he fails to pay, take him back to court for contempt.
I'd be very careful with this.

The order was for the ex to take over payments. If OP makes the payments voluntarily, it COULD be considered a gift.

Better to ask for clarification and/or sue for contempt.

Antigone*

I'd be very careful with this.

The order was for the ex to take over payments. If OP makes the payments voluntarily, it COULD be considered a gift.

Better to ask for clarification and/or sue for contempt.
The OP does need to remember that the finance company is not a party to the divorce. They don't care which one of the two borrowers pays, only that the note gets paid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">