• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgment for dissolution of marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Homeownermike

California (Orange County) (only U.S. law)?

I have been living in Arizona for the last 2 years, and to expedite this divorce, my xhusband wanted me to file in Orange County, California, so I did 02/04/2008 and filed the judgment in July of 2009. Now I received an envelope from the court today with many red checkmarks and corrections.

Two questions, and I am asking here because getting a hold of any assistance at the court house is impossible :

The court requires the signatures from both parties on the judgment and there is NO PLACE for the parties to sign, where do the parties sign on the judgement??

Form FL-141, service of the final declaration has been waived ...do both parties need to submit that form or can it be done just by me??What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

California (Orange County) (only U.S. law)?

I have been living in Arizona for the last 2 years, and to expedite this divorce, my xhusband wanted me to file in Orange County, California, so I did 02/04/2008 and filed the judgment in July of 2009. Now I received an envelope from the court today with many red checkmarks and corrections.

Two questions, and I am asking here because getting a hold of any assistance at the court house is impossible :

The court requires the signatures from both parties on the judgment and there is NO PLACE for the parties to sign, where do the parties sign on the judgement??

Form FL-141, service of the final declaration has been waived ...do both parties need to submit that form or can it be done just by me??What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
There will be a courthouse in your county with a self help center or family law facilitator's office that could help you make sure that your paperwork is accurate. I suggest that you take yourself down there for assistance.

Homeownermike

thank you and...

if I go to the self help center in Arizona, will it tell me about what forms for filing for divorce in California?

I have searched in Arizona, and there appears to be only Law Library's.

Thank you for your help!

mistoffolees

if I go to the self help center in Arizona, will it tell me about what forms for filing for divorce in California?

I have searched in Arizona, and there appears to be only Law Library's.

Thank you for your help!
No. AZ courts and self-help center will be unable to help you with a CA divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">