• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jurisdiction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

7zcata

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi/Massachusetts

I filed for divorce (for cause) in February 2008 in Mississippi. We've had a few hearings thus far, temporary order, holiday arrangements, etc. Our hearing is scheduled for a few weeks from now.

This past weekend my wife moved to Massachusetts and took our son (who is under joint custody). She didn't return him to me for my week (we alternate weeks).

Am I looking at a jurisdiction change? She did the same thing to her first husband and moved in the middle of the divorce - delaying it. However she was the one who filed then. This time I filed in Mississippi where we both have lived for ten years and where our child has been attending school.

Any thoughts?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi/Massachusetts

I filed for divorce (for cause) in February 2008 in Mississippi. We've had a few hearings thus far, temporary order, holiday arrangements, etc. Our hearing is scheduled for a few weeks from now.

This past weekend my wife moved to Massachusetts and took our son (who is under joint custody). She didn't return him to me for my week (we alternate weeks).

Am I looking at a jurisdiction change? She did the same thing to her first husband and moved in the middle of the divorce - delaying it. However she was the one who filed then. This time I filed in Mississippi where we both have lived for ten years and where our child has been attending school.

Any thoughts?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

jurisdiction is in Mississipi. it will stay there unless you agree to it being moved.

take mom to court for contempt for not producing the child per the court order.

LdiJ

I am going to give you the same answer that I gave you on your other thread. You need to listen to what your attorney is telling you. Your attorney is on top of this and you do not have true confirmation that its a move and not a vacation. After all she told you that the weather was too bad to get a flight back and that she would give you makeup time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">