• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just a big mess

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MonieLove

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?KY

q #1; is there a limitation on how long a divorce filing stays active? my spouse filed for divorce over a year ago and it has been "stayed" for several months now. what does that REALLY mean? is there any point where it gets dropped and the filer has to start from square one because of inactivity?

case is crazy. husband is elected official who is more interested in image than marriage. case involves filing false reports, domestic violence, mental cruelty, several infidelities. he filed for divorce, then divested himself of several real estate properties a mere 5 days later. he only receives a stipend from his position, has no job, but has a complicated financial portfolio? he can't hold a job, but is suing the city and the state for large sums to pay off debts and purchase personal items(i found the breakdowns in his own handwriting)he even has a notation to buy his trifling mother a 45k car from any settlement! he has plotted for the last 3 years to take sole custody of our youngest child(i found more papers he'd written out)tried to make me look unfit by saying i was "neglectful", a "drug/alcohol abuser"(i dont' drink, smoke, and barely take aspirin!) he spends several hours(10+)daily tending to his 'avocation", but wants to disrupt the child's schedule in lieu of "equity" and "the child's best interest". did i mention that i'm pregnant with our 3rd child? i have been a stay at home mother for the last 3 years because of his errratic schedule and frequent absences, not to mention lack of income. he got us(me, and the oldest 2 children)kicked out of our home of 3 years because he just decided he "wasn't going to pay the rent anymore", knowing i couldn't afford it on my own, even working FT. we were on a lease/purchase agreement. i had to go to court to clear my name, because they sued ME instead of him. my name was never on any document. i still think it was a scheme cooked up by him and the owner's son. in all, he really has himself convinced that he will get off "scot-free" with custody and that he will not have to pay one iota toward my support. i gave up my job because of what he chose to do so that the children would have an available parent. i have managed to work PT to meet expenses other than housing. the children and i have had to live with relatives during this time while he claims he lives at one place, but actually lives with his mother. it's just a big mess. plus, i can't afford a lawyer with no income and pro-bono is just not concerned or working hard enough.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">