• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just in need of answers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Speediesgrl

What is the name of your state? NC --- Well I am doing this to see if I can help a friend that is having problems with his ex- wife. He is currently in the military and is legally separated. He keeps running into problems with his soon to be ex-wife. Apparently after they first separated he got together with another girl when he was under the influence and the girl was sober, but anyway --- his ex just found this out and is threatening to tell his commander. i am worried that he might get discharged. they have a daughter together and she wants full custody and wants him to have supervised visits --- he has never hurt his daughter and never would --- he gives his ex more money then what is required. i am afriad that she is going to take him for everything that he is worth and it is ruining his life. if anyone has any advice that i can give him to help him deal with this i would appreciate it.

stephenk

have him talk with a family law attorney. the military may help in referring him to one.

are you dating this guy?

ellencee

Speediesgrl

If he and his wife were not living together as man and wife and the one year period of separation had begun, the man is more likely not in any trouble than he is in any trouble. If the man and his wife were legally separated in NC at the time, he was free to live as a single person with freedom to do anything except marry someone else until such time as the final decree of divorce is issued.

The military may or may not address his drunken status and his sexual indescrition; it does not speak of maturity and responsibility. It surely is not grounds to take a child away from her father and take all of his worldly possessions, either.

Jealousy is such a wicked emotion and I am convinced it is the cause of 90% of all of the problems and circumstances posted in the family law section as regards divorce, custody, support, visitation, adoption, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">