• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

just need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ree2094

MY state is ny. My husband move out 7 months ago and now he wants a divorce. i dont know my rights or what will happen to me and my kids it is very nasty and i stay upset and sick everyday dont know what to do.

moburkes

MY state is ny. My husband move out 7 months ago and now he wants a divorce. i dont know my rights or what will happen to me and my kids it is very nasty and i stay upset and sick everyday dont know what to do.
You'll need to ask a legal question. Your rights are to ask for child support, if you will have residential custody of the children, and alimony if your income is less than his and/or you were married for a long time.

nextwife

Is he the father of your children?

How long were you married?

Do you work?

If not, how long since you left the workforce?

What sort of marital assets and debts are there? Real estate or Cars purchased during the marriage?

Bali Hai

You'll need to ask a legal question. Your rights are to ask for child support, if you will have residential custody of the children, and alimony if your income is less than his and/or you were married for a long time.
You did a complete flip from the other post where the husband asked about alimony in a long term marriage.:rolleyes:

You must be a woman.

moburkes

You did a complete flip from the other post where the husband asked about alimony in a long term marriage.:rolleyes:

You must be a woman.
OT: Bali- I think I said this before to you. My mother received $10k/month in alimony. They were married 16 years when they separated. She also received child support for minor children. I don't think she deserved that much alimony, but she thought she deserved more. i don't get child support from my kids' dad, though I sure could use it. So, yep, I am a woman.

However, in this post the OP has children, and didn't mention if she worked. In the other, OP stated that he worked, but didn't mention kids. I ddn't mean to appear to be biased.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">