• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Keeping it confidential

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Carlina62

I live in FL and have been married for 18 months and seperated for 3. I am a U.S. citizen and as many who read these forums will see i have posted in different sections here. What I would like to know is I have a restraining order against my husband and immigration is aware of this, but recently i filed for divorce and I poured my heart out and all the details of why i need this divorce is in the paperwork. Will all this stay confidential or will immigration be able to have access to all this information in the papers. I do not want my husband deported and he has told my mother last week that he hired an attorney and the attorney told him that his file did not look good. I f deported, he will never be allowed back and therefore will not have a part of our 10 month old daughters life. I am very distraught about all this, I know I did what I had to do by getting this order to protect me and my children, but I need to know if a divorce is confidential? Is that what is meant by no fault divorce? Can immigration have access to why and what I put for the reason for divorce?
Oh Please can you help me. Even though my husband had many problems I do care for him and I do care what becomes of him.
Please respond anyone, anywhere with advice for me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">