• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kicked out of house (Equity)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tyandi

What is the name of your state? NC
My wife kicked me out of the house 2 1/2 months ago and still is undecided whether to take me back (I committed adultery). (House is in both our names)She wants the house totally but the home has risen form $136K to 180K now. I deserve some equity even though her parents gave us a 75k house 11 yrears ago.
She thinks by her paying the mortgage ($300 per month) and the home association dues she is setting her self up thinking she will get the house. My question is i need to rent an apartment, is it alright to keep the same standard of living as she has now? 3 bedroom 2 car garage, home is 2 years old. Since she kicked me out, is she responsible for the mortgage but if we divorce will i still get 1/2 the property? And can i rent a 2-3 bedroom condo?
Help!

tyandi

She's mad as @@@

She is mad as you know what. She wants time to test me, and to see if i am going to stay with that other girl. But she knows I am repentant, I want her back.

She doesnt want me in the house at all!!! So what am i to do??

BelizeBreeze

tyandi said:
She is mad as you know what. She wants time to test me, and to see if i am going to stay with that other girl. But she knows I am repentant, I want her back.

She doesnt want me in the house at all!!! So what am i to do??
Tell her it's your home too and if she doesn't like it then she can agree to a partition action and have the home sold by the court.

tyandi

Ok

Lets say I tell her that.

1. I want to have the court sell the house, will i get 50%
  • If i let her stay in the home, how much do i pay her? half of everything? or since she is staying in the house does she have to pay the mortgage?

BelizeBreeze

tyandi said:
Lets say I tell her that.

[*]I want to have the court sell the house, will i get 50%
That is up to the court.
[*]If i let her stay in the home, how much do i pay her? half of everything? or since she is staying in the house does she have to pay the mortgage?
you are BOTH liable for the mortgage while the home is in both names. Either one defaults the other is still responsible.

Now either go home or file partition.

tyandi

split bills

She is still mad, i cannot go home. And i dont want to ruin an opportunity to get back together, but what if we just split the bills in half? including mortgage until she calms down. Would that affect me down the line in court?

Zephyr

anything you contribute now, can be veiwed as an indication of how much you are willing to or able to pay, later

tyandi

What should i pay

Wannacry, what should i pay? 1/2 the mortgage, half the bills etc.. insurance for house, cars, her living expenses!!!!

I feel if she kicked me out, she should pay for at least half.

LdiJ

tyandi said:
Wannacry, what should i pay? 1/2 the mortgage, half the bills etc.. insurance for house, cars, her living expenses!!!!

You should pay 1/2 of anything that would effect your credit...just to make sure that those things are covered. Her ordinary living expenses (food and other necessities), and her own personal bills should be her problem.

tyandi

Different Questions

Actuallly, my questions have a similar thread, but differnet questions.

The first one was Will paying $1000 per month hurt me in the future if we divorce.
The second one was how to determine Equity & Alimony.

The last one was pertaining to her kicking me out of the house, and if she pays the mortgage will she get more of the equity?

Sorry if I seem to be going in circles, but yes, I have an appointment to see a laywer this week.

HomeGuru

tyandi said:
Actuallly, my questions have a similar thread, but differnet questions.

The first one was Will paying $1000 per month hurt me in the future if we divorce.
The second one was how to determine Equity & Alimony.

The last one was pertaining to her kicking me out of the house, and if she pays the mortgage will she get more of the equity?

Sorry if I seem to be going in circles, but yes, I have an appointment to see a laywer this week.

**A: ask your lawyer those questions.

LindaP777

tyandi said:
Oh brother . . . you should have thought of all that before you cheated on her (scumbag). Make sure you get a blood test before you move back home (that is, if she let's you).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">