• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lala

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lala

What is the name of your state? Alabama

I have been divorced for 3 years but all through the divorce we continued to be intimate. I have been told that this made our divorce null and void. Are we divorced?

safeber

Most likely the clock starts over each time you cohabitate. Having children is another matter concerning required time apart.

LdiJ

lala said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama

I have been divorced for 3 years but all through the divorce we continued to be intimate. I have been told that this made our divorce null and void. Are we divorced?
Ignore the other response that you got. If your divorce was actually final (signed off on by a judge) then you are divorced. It irrelevant if you continued to be involved with each other. However, if for some reason or another the divorce was never completed. Then you may not be divorced.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">