• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

last name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Larkin

Hi,
I have 2 sons one 17 and one 22 - I am custodial parent of the youngest. last weekend my ex-wife have a party and referred to it as hosted by her and her boyfriends using my last name?????
Can I get my last name back? It's sorta funny but c'mon doesn't he have one of his own can't she use her maiden name? Thanks.
Byron

nextwife

She is not obligated to have yet another name change because her marital status has changed. How would you like to have to deal with legally changing your name on everything just because you divorced? I did the name thing once, 13 years ago and I will never do it again. It's a rowal pain in the backside to change all of one's accounts, credit, frequent flyer programs, etc to a different name.

That last name became her name upon marriage. And she can now keep it forever.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">