• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Law and Motion" vs. "Case Management Conference"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rjbudz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA

In a previous thread, I figured out I neeed a Pleadings form to file for a Notice of Intent to to Introduce Oral Testimony. As I look at the example I have to work from, it states "The evidence to be introduced at the law and motion hearing..." (emphasis mine). However, the hearing is actually a Case Management Conference, though held in the department with the same proceedings as a hearing (no idea if that is relavant).

For the "law and motion" hearing, the Notice sites San Diego local rule 5.5.8 (H) and California Rules of Court 3.13306. Neither of these address the Case Management Conference specifically.

For the purposes of filing this notice, is the verbiage "Law and Motion" synonomous with "Case Management Conference"?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">