• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer Screwing Me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gaconfused

What is the name of your state (Georgia)?

My divorce has been ongoing for 3 years at this point. There are several assets and businesses involved.

Since our separation, my husband has purchased 20 additional acres of land and built a new house. My attorney has stated that I am not entitled to any of that property, he states there is no equity, so there is nothing he can do about it. Even if there is no equity, what about the money he is currently spending to build the house, the monthly mortgage payments, etc, why do I get screwed? He has bought cars for the family members of the woman he is having an affair with but they are in the name of his business associate and many other things he has purchased and put in other peoples names, why can i not do anything about this?
I am thinking my own attorney is in on all this, he knew who the woman is my husband is having the affair with (she has ruined many marriages in this town), he handled her divorce from her husband while he was working on my divorce and he lied to me about it, he said he did not, but i went to the court house and looked it up, he handled my husband's mistress' divorce.
I am losing my mind, what can I do?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (Georgia)?

My divorce has been ongoing for 3 years at this point. There are several assets and businesses involved.

Since our separation, my husband has purchased 20 additional acres of land and built a new house. My attorney has stated that I am not entitled to any of that property, he states there is no equity, so there is nothing he can do about it. Even if there is no equity, what about the money he is currently spending to build the house, the monthly mortgage payments, etc, why do I get screwed? He has bought cars for the family members of the woman he is having an affair with but they are in the name of his business associate and many other things he has purchased and put in other peoples names, why can i not do anything about this?
I am thinking my own attorney is in on all this, he knew who the woman is my husband is having the affair with (she has ruined many marriages in this town), he handled her divorce from her husband while he was working on my divorce and he lied to me about it, he said he did not, but i went to the court house and looked it up, he handled my husband's mistress' divorce.
I am losing my mind, what can I do?
If you have proof that he handled her divorce, (ie court documents) then that is a HUGE conflict of interest. You need to fire him, and report him to the bar, asking that he be ordered to return any money that you paid him.

However you need to get copies of those court documents before they "disappear".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">