• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Left holding the bag

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rjneenr3

Oregon
My son-in-law left my daughter and their 2 children on Xmas night, saying he needed a break! My daughter works minimally outside of the home in the evenings (when her husband was home to care for the kids). He was/is the sole support for their family. He is now stating he is not responsible for her/kids rent or anything else. He refuses to take the children for the times she needs to work. She does not have the funds for legal council and really needs advise or help with this matter, please tell me what she should do or where she can go to get help.

seniorjudge

rjneenr3 said:
Oregon
My son-in-law left my daughter and their 2 children on Xmas night, saying he needed a break! My daughter works minimally outside of the home in the evenings (when her husband was home to care for the kids). He was/is the sole support for their family. He is now stating he is not responsible for her/kids rent or anything else. He refuses to take the children for the times she needs to work. She does not have the funds for legal council and really needs advise or help with this matter, please tell me what she should do or where she can go to get help.
http://www.abanet.org/legalservices/probono/directory.html#

LdiJ

rjneenr3 said:
Oregon
The first thing that she needs to do is to apply for welfare benefits. That will get her some immediate assistance and maybe even some daycare assitance. It will also get the ball rolling for her husband to have to pay child support.

seniorjudge

rjneenr3 said:
Oregon
Hubby has plenty of money to run around with his girlfriend...he should have enough to support his kids too!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">