• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

left with no hope

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrs.wagon40

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?mi. my husband was an addict, he went to a rehab.,i picked him up 5 days later. we went home he made a phone call, said he was going out to make some money(that was at 11 am) didn't see or hear from him for 2 days. packed up his stuff and left again,all together he's been out for 11 days. doe's he have the right to keep coming into the house when ever he wants? he say's i can not change the locks or he can break in, becuse this is his residence, he has 30 days to remove the stuff he wants. is any of this stuff true? please answer asap mrswagon40

BelizeBreeze

YOu think it might help if you tell us whether or not his name is on the lease, deed or otherwise he has an ownership interest in the home?

LdiJ

mrs.wagon40 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?mi. my husband was an addict, he went to a rehab.,i picked him up 5 days later. we went home he made a phone call, said he was going out to make some money(that was at 11 am) didn't see or hear from him for 2 days. packed up his stuff and left again,all together he's been out for 11 days. doe's he have the right to keep coming into the house when ever he wants? he say's i can not change the locks or he can break in, becuse this is his residence, he has 30 days to remove the stuff he wants. is any of this stuff true? please answer asap mrswagon40
Answer BB's question and you will get correct legal advice from him. I am going to answer you based on the fact that your husband is an addict. Five day in rehab can't cure someone....nor is your husband behaving the way someone behaves if they are "cured". Unless he had a job to go back to, and was actually taken back, he is going to be after money. The easiest way to get money is to sell/pawn things from your home.

My advice would be to try to get a restraining order first thing Monday morning, and that you do go ahead and change the locks.

mrs.wagon40

ownership of house

mi.my husband and i are both on the morgage paper, witch was forclosed on last month . good thing for my mother she gave me 38 thou. to pay it off. my husband says he will let me have the house all he wants is his work tools and his clothes. i've given him most of that, so can he still come and go as he likes? thanx for all your info and by the way i changed the locks!please let me know?mrs.wagon40

BelizeBreeze

mrs.wagon40 said:
mi.my husband and i are both on the morgage paper, witch was forclosed on last month . good thing for my mother she gave me 38 thou. to pay it off. my husband says he will let me have the house all he wants is his work tools and his clothes. i've given him most of that, so can he still come and go as he likes? thanx for all your info and by the way i changed the locks!please let me know?mrs.wagon40
The mortgage means nothing. Who is on the DEED?????????????

mrs.wagon40

deed?

mi. the morgage was just paid off. when we first bought the house it was on land contract and my name was pri**** and his was co-signer. i have never seen a deed. i figure his name will be on it. he has told me he will sign a quick claim deed. but till i get the final papers i realy don't know if his name is onthe deed or not (dumb about these things)let me know! thanx mrs.wagon40

BelizeBreeze

mrs.wagon40 said:
mi. the morgage was just paid off. when we first bought the house it was on land contract and my name was pri**** and his was co-signer. i have never seen a deed. i figure his name will be on it. he has told me he will sign a quick claim deed. but till i get the final papers i realy don't know if his name is onthe deed or not (dumb about these things)let me know! thanx mrs.wagon40
Go to the county courthouse where the property is located, tell the Registrar that you want to look up the deed to the property (give them the address) then you will have your answer.

nextwife

When you paid off the LC, did you and he obtain a "deed in satisfaction of the land contract"? If this was never obtained from the vendors, you may not ever have actually recieved a deed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">