• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is This Legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rockinz2

What is the name of your state? CA. Upon the advise of her lawyer, immediately after separation order, X began removing me from all household accounts. She put every bill in her name, took me off auto insurance, stopped paying my life insurance, stopped paying my vehicle registration and any related auto expenses; tickets, credit cards(gas)etc. All of this done without notifying me, resulting in past due and delinquent bills. After fraudulently obtaining an Exclusion Order she then declared the house "hers" and began changing things as she pleased. I have since been completely ignored as to any house or kids decisions. All this done knowing full well of my disability and non home/income status. Is this action by her legal ? Isn't she responsible for my bills considering our only income at the time was hers and I was disabled and living at home?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state? CA. Upon the advise of her lawyer, immediately after separation order, X began removing me from all household accounts. She put every bill in her name, took me off auto insurance, stopped paying my life insurance, stopped paying my vehicle registration and any related auto expenses; tickets, credit cards(gas)etc. All of this done without notifying me, resulting in past due and delinquent bills. After fraudulently obtaining an Exclusion Order she then declared the house "hers" and began changing things as she pleased. I have since been completely ignored as to any house or kids decisions. All this done knowing full well of my disability and non home/income status. Is this action by her legal ? Isn't she responsible for my bills considering our only income at the time was hers and I was disabled and living at home?
Get an attorney and file for an emergency hearing.

CourtClerk

Standard Restraining Orders in CA for dissolutions/legal separations/annulments read as follows:

Starting immediately, you and your spouse or domestic parter are restrained from:

removing the minor child or chidlren of the parties, if any, from the state without the prior written consent of the other party or an order of the court.

cashing, borrowing against, canceling, transferring, disposing of, or changing the beneficiaires of any insurance or other coverage, including life, health, automobile, and disability, held for the benefit of the parties and their minor child or children

transferring, encumbering, hypothecating, concealing, or in any way disposing of any property, real or personal, whether community, quasi-community, or separate, without the written consent of the other party or an order of the court, except in the usual course of business or for the necessities of life; and

creating a nonprobate transfer or modifying a nonporobate transfer in a manner that affects the disposition of property subject to the transfer, without the written consent of the other party or an order of the court. Before revocation of a nonprobate transfer can take effect or a right of survivorship to property can be eliminated, notice of the change must be filed and served on the other party.

You must notify each other of any proposed extraordinary expenditures at least five business days prior to incurring these extraordinary expenditures and account to the court for all extraordinary expenditures made after these restraining orders are effective. However, you may use community property, quasi-community property, or your own separate property to pay an attorney to help you or to pay court costs.

YOU NEED AN ATTORNEY. GO GET ONE.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">