• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Marriage?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kanakali

What is the name of your state? Washington

When my daughter married, her husband used an alias (happened to be his deceased cousin's name). When he filled out the marriage license not only did he not use his real name, he used his aunt and uncle as his parents names and his cousins birthday instead of his own. This was not know to my daughter at the time. He is abusive and she has left him. They were married for 2-1/2 years. Since the marriage application was false, is this marriage legal. I would think not, but not sure. I am hoping that she doesn't actually have to get a divorce.

LdiJ

Kanakali said:
What is the name of your state? Washington

When my daughter married, her husband used an alias (happened to be his deceased cousin's name). When he filled out the marriage license not only did he not use his real name, he used his aunt and uncle as his parents names and his cousins birthday instead of his own. This was not know to my daughter at the time. He is abusive and she has left him. They were married for 2-1/2 years. Since the marriage application was false, is this marriage legal. I would think not, but not sure. I am hoping that she doesn't actually have to get a divorce.
She needs to see an attorney. This one is too complex for an internet message board.....and I could even see the possibility of her husband being charged with a criminal offense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">