• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal options to uphold debt repayment plan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MovingOnAndUp

I'm not bashing her. I'm stating the facts of what happened to explain myself. She is a faceless person to you guys. I asked a question and have been put on trial here.

MovingOnAndUp

I have emotionally moved on months ago, I just want her to pay her share if the debts that I have been stuck paying for things that were for her during our relationship. It's the moral thing to do. I only came here to see if legally this agreement would stand, and obviously it won't after visiting this forum. Is it too much to hope people will do the good moral thing and stand besides their debts that be benefitted them? I get that this debt isn't legally binding, I understand that.

justalayman

I'm not bashing her. I'm stating the facts of what happened to explain myself. She is a faceless person to you guys. I asked a question and have been put on trial here.
so, go count how many times you said she cheated on you. It it's more than once, yes, you are bashing her. Actually, since her cheating on you has nothing to do with your legal situation, if you said it even once you are bashing her. It is irrelevant to your case.

and yes, you have been judged because you have already committed a fraud upon the court. Do you really think a court will enforce a document you willingly admit was false from the get go?

I suspect the reason your gal cheated on you is because you are simply manipulative. You coerced her into signing the agreement. You prepared her tax return, of course just because you were a nice guy (ya, right). I'm sure you were no better when you were with her. Get a clue dude. She cheated on you because of you.

Proserpina

I have emotionally moved on months ago, I just want her to pay her share if the debts that I have been stuck paying for things that were for her during our relationship. It's the moral thing to do. I only came here to see if legally this agreement would stand, and obviously it won't after visiting this forum. Is it too much to hope people will do the good moral thing and stand besides their debts that be benefitted them? I get that this debt isn't legally binding, I understand that.
Hmm. How about we change this around.

Using your logic, you should have no qualms about paying her some sort of financial support, correct? I mean she'd be getting your support (in one way or another) if you hadn't separated...right?

MovingOnAndUp

I suspect the reason your gal cheated on you is because you are simply manipulative. You coerced her into signing the agreement. You prepared her tax return, of course just because you were a nice guy (ya, right). I'm sure you were no better when you were with her. Get a clue dude. She cheated on you because of you.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Nice assumptions based on knowing nothing about her and I.

MovingOnAndUp

Hmm. How about we change this around.

Using your logic, you should have no qualms about paying her some sort of financial support, correct? I mean she'd be getting your support (in one way or another) if you hadn't separated...right?
If we hadn't separated her income at the time would have been going towards paying these debts. That was what we were doing before we split up. We were paying the debts off together

MovingOnAndUp

so, go count how many times you said she cheated on you. It it's more than once, yes, you are bashing her. Actually, since her cheating on you has nothing to do with your legal situation, if you said it even once you are bashing her. It is irrelevant to your case.

and yes, you have been judged because you have already committed a fraud upon the court. Do you really think a court will enforce a document you willingly admit was false from the get go?

Where do you read that I coerced her into signing anything? She offered to sign something to make it "official", so with our very limited knowledge of the law and limited funds we drafted up the agreement. We didn't know any better. I did her tax return because she asked me to do it for her since it was going to me anyway. You are jumping to conclusions. We did all this together, and obviously we didn't do it right. It had nothing to do with manipulating anybody or doing something illegal in the court. There were debts we were paying down while married, so I put the word marital on a piece of paper. Drop it already.

She didn't cheat because of how I treated her. I treated her and my step daughter amazing and she has been begging me to take her back since because she knows how badly she messed up. If you are really going to make me defend myself and my relationship, in therapy she learned due to her insecurity issues, she sought validation from men who showed interest in her. She has a lot of issues that she is trying to work out right now. I didn't drive her to cheat. It was unfortunate and splitting up from her was one of the most difficult things I have ever done in my life. My family was ripped apart because of it. Don't act like you know me, because you don't.

MovingOnAndUp

Are you an idiot in real life or do you just play one on the internet?
?????????

Both actually. I have made some huge mistakes in my life, but I am trying to learn from them. I simply took offense to being called sleazy, manipulative and a generally bad person by people who don't know me or my ex or what we have been through.

thanks for the legal help everybody. I now know my agreement won't hold up.

Bali Hai

Both actually. I have made some huge mistakes in my life, but I am trying to learn from them. I simply took offense to being called sleazy, manipulative and a generally bad person by people who don't know me or my ex or what we have been through.

thanks for the legal help everybody. I now know my agreement won't hold up.
You are a man expecting money from a woman that you divorced. That is not how the game is played. You should have known YOUR agreement wouldn't hold up from the git-go.

MovingOnAndUp

You are a man expecting money from a woman that you divorced. That is not how the game is played. You should have known YOUR agreement wouldn't hold up from the git-go.
If I knew that for sure I wouldn't have come here and asked the question. I just came here for advice and now I know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">