• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Separation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Michael Lucas

my wife and i live in minneapolis, mn. we have been maried for 2 years and allready we have hit a major stumbling block. a situation has come up that we feel the legal separation is the way to go. she is looking for work and the income i have does not support all the bills and the house. how do i get started with the separation and is it a costly process. we both want the marage to work but at this time she wants to get back on her feet on her own. we do have a 2 year old daughter in the mix of all this. any advice would be a big help.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Michael Lucas said:
my wife and i live in minneapolis, mn. we have been maried for 2 years and allready we have hit a major stumbling block. a situation has come up that we feel the legal separation is the way to go. she is looking for work and the income i have does not support all the bills and the house. how do i get started with the separation and is it a costly process. we both want the marage to work but at this time she wants to get back on her feet on her own. we do have a 2 year old daughter in the mix of all this. any advice would be a big help.

My response:

You start (and perhaps, end) by going to your nearest, and larger, bookstore to by a "How-To" book on the subject. You follow the directions and instructions "to the letter."

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">