• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Separation action

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jwil59

Screwed!!

I filed for legal seperation 1 yr ago which spouse didnot sign. Moved out 6 months...She hired attorney I was served in May, She claims I abandoned her
Verbally abused my 2 girl whom are adults, Threatened to harm her, and adultry...We both have been living seperate lives for yrs,yet she is accusing me of infidelity... I moved out of the house in order to move matters along and to protect my butt...Everything else is total fabrication. I am currently paying the mortgage and have done so every since we took posession of the house 10 yrs ago. A court date is set for this month for spousal support, no kids under age. Is there a positive solution to all this madness?? What are my rights??

mistoffolees

I filed for legal seperation 1 yr ago which spouse didnot sign. Moved out 6 months...She hired attorney I was served in May, She claims I abandoned her
Verbally abused my 2 girl whom are adults, Threatened to harm her, and adultry...We both have been living seperate lives for yrs,yet she is accusing me of infidelity... I moved out of the house in order to move matters along and to protect my butt...Everything else is total fabrication. I am currently paying the mortgage and have done so every since we took posession of the house 10 yrs ago. A court date is set for this month for spousal support, no kids under age. Is there a positive solution to all this madness?? What are my rights??
You're going to need to be more specific than that.

In general, you'll each be entitled to 1/2 of marital equity in your assets. If you've been married more than 10 years, the person with lower income MAY be eligible for some period of spousal support, but that's not definite. She has to prove what she claims. If she can't prove that you verbally abused the daughters, then it won't hurt you. If she can't prove that you threatened harm, it won't hurt you.

As for the rest, read up on divorce laws in your state. You should probably get an attorney, though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">