• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal separation or adultery?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alleymaxx

What is the name of your state? Alabama
I am going through a divorce, nothing is final yet. My husband moved out of our house back in August 2002. I obtained an attorney towards the end of September 2002 and I believe this is about the same time he did also. Both of our attornies are aware of him being moved out. In November 2002 I hired a private investigator with the help of my attorney and we have caught my husband on video seeing another woman. It appears to be more than just a new "fling" b/c he spends the night at her home. Even after this has now all been brought out my husband claims that this was ok and "legal" b/c both of our attornies knew he had moved out. I've been told that anything that happened after he moved out (i.e. seeing another woman) was irrelavant. But if no divorce has been finalized, signed,etc., is this not still adultery?

Thanks for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">