• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Separation - In Alabama

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eagleone29

What is the name of your state? Alabama
Question: If my wife and I are in total agreement (all areas of concern have been resolved i.e. child support, insurance, visitation) on a legal separation. Can we do it ourselves with one of those "Do It Yourself Legal Kits? Do we have to have a lawyer, if not where can I get the legal forms we need to do this?
There is 1 child involved (10 years old). We are in total agreement on all areas of his care. Can we do this Legal Separation ourselves?

If you have everything agreed upon for a legal seperation, I would strongly encourage doing it yourself. Depending on how well your court system is established to helping "the people" will determine how easy it can be for you. Alot of the good court systems have the do-it-yourself kits at the courthouse with instrunctions on how to do it. If there are specifics you need in your agreement I would suggest you draft your own pleadings to cover all specifics which the standard do-it-yourself kits may not offer.

Good luck and I would hope the legal seperation turns backfully and happily to reconciled marriage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">