• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal separation in florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

darladif

What is the name of your state (only florida. MY PROBLEM IS MY HUSBAND IS ON MY MEDICAL INSURANCE FROM WORK. WE HAVE LIVED SEPARATED FROM EACH OTHER FOR 6 MONTHS, HE'S IN PA NOW, RAISING 2 GRANDCHILDREN I CAN'T AFFORD HIS INSURANCE ANYMORE AND HE WON'T HELP WITHIT. INSURANCE CO. SAID THEY NEED SOMETHING LEGAL FROM THE COURTS, LEGAL SEPARATION IS NOT RECOGNIZED IN FLORIDA. MY HUSBAND IS WILLING TO SIGN SEPARATION AGREEMENT STATING I CAN REMOVE HIM FROM INSURANCE AND IT WILL BE NOTORIZED, WILL FLORIDA COURTS SIGN IT? I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL OPEN ENROLLMENT IN APRIL FROM INS. CO . WHAT CAN I DO?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only florida. MY PROBLEM IS MY HUSBAND IS ON MY MEDICAL INSURANCE FROM WORK. WE HAVE LIVED SEPARATED FROM EACH OTHER FOR 6 MONTHS, HE'S IN PA NOW, RAISING 2 GRANDCHILDREN I CAN'T AFFORD HIS INSURANCE ANYMORE AND HE WON'T HELP WITHIT. INSURANCE CO. SAID THEY NEED SOMETHING LEGAL FROM THE COURTS, LEGAL SEPARATION IS NOT RECOGNIZED IN FLORIDA. MY HUSBAND IS WILLING TO SIGN SEPARATION AGREEMENT STATING I CAN REMOVE HIM FROM INSURANCE AND IT WILL BE NOTORIZED, WILL FLORIDA COURTS SIGN IT? I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL OPEN ENROLLMENT IN APRIL FROM INS. CO . WHAT CAN I DO?
1. You need a new keyboard. Apparently your key caps is stuck.

2. It doesn't matter what he signs if FL doesn't have legal separation. If he files for separation in a state which DOES recognize legal separation and you submit that paperwork to the insurance company, that should be sufficient.

3. Talk with someone else at the insurance company about your options. There is frequently an option where he can sign a paper saying that he is covered with insurance from another source and asking to be dropped from the policy.

4. Or you can file for divorce.

LdiJ

1. You need a new keyboard. Apparently your key caps is stuck.

2. It doesn't matter what he signs if FL doesn't have legal separation. If he files for separation in a state which DOES recognize legal separation and you submit that paperwork to the insurance company, that should be sufficient.

3. Talk with someone else at the insurance company about your options. There is frequently an option where he can sign a paper saying that he is covered with insurance from another source and asking to be dropped from the policy.

4. Or you can file for divorce.
However, until the divorce is final, you won't be able to drop him from the insurance. Quite frankly, I don't recommend that you drop him prior to any divorce being final. If he does not have insurance from another source you could be looking at some serious martial debt if he ends up hospitalized for any reason.

mistoffolees

However, until the divorce is final, you won't be able to drop him from the insurance. Quite frankly, I don't recommend that you drop him prior to any divorce being final. If he does not have insurance from another source you could be looking at some serious martial debt if he ends up hospitalized for any reason.
She MAY be able to drop him if he has other insurance, but it will need the judge's approval. Since stbx said it's OK to drop insurance, that might be the case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">