• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal separation lenght?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mcasper21

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

how long does a legal separation take ? im married and have only two cars with out names together that is the only thing we have together and we agree on the split of everything. is there any easy way to get this done? im trying to buy a house and i need legal papers showing something, is a separation the easies way to go?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

how long does a legal separation take ? im married and have only two cars with out names together that is the only thing we have together and we agree on the split of everything. is there any easy way to get this done? im trying to buy a house and i need legal papers showing something, is a separation the easies way to go?
Why not just get a divorce?

mistoffolees

Why not just get a divorce?
I think he's hoping that a legal separation can be accomplished more quickly. (I don't have any idea, but there are people her who live in CA, so they'll probably provide the answer).

It's refreshing to have at least one poster who isn't worried about how fast he can get a divorce because the love of his life can't wait 2 weeks for him to marry her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">