• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Separation, State of Texas, Veterans Benefits to wife?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

creamcheese

What is the name of your state? Texas

If I legally separate from my veteran husband will I be eligible to receive the following benefits before or following his demise?
Social security
VA pension
VA Health Insurance (Champa)
VA Home Loans
Private Life Insurance Policies
VA Life Insurance Policies

Thank You.

What is your husband's VA disability rating? 100% or less? Makes a difference in what benefits dependents are entitled to. Is he drawing social security or SSDI? Have you been married at least 10 years? Are you disabled? You can probably find the answers to your questions on www.ssa.gov and www.va.gov. In reference to private insurance and VGLI benefits, you will receive if you are designated as a beneficiary by name. If he has just indicated "by law", you will receive as long as you are legally his wife. Otherwise, he can designate anyone he wants by name, does not matter if you are married, separated or divorced.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">