• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Seperation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trblwife

What is the name of your state? Texas

How do I file for seperation in Texas? If I can't file for seperation, how do I get my husband out of my house (house in my name only)?

ceara19

trblwife said:

How do I file for seperation in Texas? If I can't file for seperation, how do I get my husband out of my house (house in my name only)?
There is no legal seperation in Texas. Since you are married, the house is legally as much his as it is yours. You can file for divorce and ask for a temporary order forcing him to move out of the house, but that's not a guarantee you will get it. Even though the house is only in your name, Texas is a community property state.

A

automanfl

What makes you think he should be the one to leave,is there any abuse,be nice,because if you get abusive,he may want you out.The house is marital home.

LdiJ

automanfl said:
What makes you think he should be the one to leave,is there any abuse,be nice,because if you get abusive,he may want you out.The house is marital home.
The house is in her name only, which means that its possible that it was purchased prior to the marriage. Therefore, his share in the property is limited to the equity/appreciation that accrued during the marriage. He isn't going to get to keep the home. He is only going to get his share of the equity/appreciation.

Maria G

legal separation in New Jersey

trblwife said:

After one gets legally separated in the state of NJ, can that person move in with a significant other?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">