• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal seperation in Military

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swonggonzondong

What is the name of your state? Married and Stationed in NC, legal resident of FL

As of now things are not working out between my wife and I, and I leave for Iraq in a month, I dont want a divorce yet, but I want to be protected while I am gone in Iraq for 8 months, if I get a legal seperation will that protect me from her debt that she may aquire, and with a legal seperation is she entitled to any of my pay while I am gone?

SHORTY LONG

What is the name of your state? Married and Stationed in NC, legal resident of FL

As of now things are not working out between my wife and I, and I leave for Iraq in a month, I dont want a divorce yet, but I want to be protected while I am gone in Iraq for 8 months, if I get a legal seperation will that protect me from her debt that she may aquire, and with a legal seperation is she entitled to any of my pay while I am gone?
You should Ricki Tik to Base Legal for help first thing Monday; or whenever you can!

Gracie3787

I don't know alot about military law, but if you are a legal resident of Florida you might not be able to get a legal seperation. Florida doesn't allow legal seperations, it's either married or divorced, no in between.

However, because you are military and officially stationed in another state, Florida laws might not apply. So I agree with everyone else, get a consult to make sure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">