• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it legal to snoop on my own computer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fraggler

What is the name of your state? MD

If my wife kept records of contact with her affair partner on a computer that was purchased with my money and I let her use in a folder that said "For (wife's name)'s eyes only", would it be a violation of any laws if I used these as evidence of her affair? The folder was not password protected.

Also, she allowed me access to her emails and there are some there that support that she was having an affair as well. Unfortunately, she was smart enough to delete everything that they sent each other, but she kept some of the emails that she sent to her boss (he is a coworker).

I don't wish to divorce, but I wanted to know what would be admissable and what wouldn't.

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">