• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Stepmother ???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jonas

What is the name of your state? NC

Hi,
my bf's ex just stated that she is his son's legal stepmother (no court paper ever filled). She is my bf's ex-wife and not the mother of the child. Is there such a thing as legal stepmother?? or is she just full of s***.
Thank you

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? NC

Hi,
my bf's ex just stated that she is his son's legal stepmother (no court paper ever filled). She is my bf's ex-wife and not the mother of the child. Is there such a thing as legal stepmother?? or is she just full of s***.
Thank you
Gee....I don't know...I would think that a step would stop being a step once the divorce was finialized...but am not sure...humm...

But...The step has no rights to the child at all so do not worry.....;)

jonas

Gee....I don't know...I would think that a step would stop being a step once the divorce was finialized...but am not sure...humm...

But...The step has no rights to the child at all so do not worry.....;)
Thanks for your responce. If you only knew.... They have a child together also and she is telling me what I can and cannot do while their daughter is with us. I am trying to understand her "concerns" as far as their child goes, however she is insisting on us (her and I) to discuss his son and I refuse to do that. Whatever I'll say to the woman will be wrong somehow. She was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and not taking her medication. Right now she is just being big pain my a$$. However I know I will have to deal with her for a long time :eek:. Looking forward to it :rolleyes:
Thanks for the response

justalayman

the ex has no legal claim for knowledge about the former stepson.

You have no rights to determine anything concerning the ex's child or the other child. Although the ex also has no control over her daughter while she is in the custody of her father, you can only do what the father ok's and he has to deal with his ex concerning their child.

(in other words, do not cause problems your BF will have to deal with concerning his daughter with the ex) You have absolutely no rights in this situation.

jonas

the ex has no legal claim for knowledge about the former stepson.

You have no rights to determine anything concerning the ex's child or the other child. Although the ex also has no control over her daughter while she is in the custody of her father, you can only do what the father ok's and he has to deal with his ex concerning their child.

(in other words, do not cause problems your BF will have to deal with concerning his daughter with the ex) You have absolutely no rights in this situation.

Hey justalayman,
thank you for your input. As far as the comment about me making the problems you are way off on this one. I am trying to be as nice as I can to this woman, but she is telling me that I can't tuck in her child and give her a kiss when she goes to sleep, do a homework with her etc.... Come on. It's hard when she calls and is so sweet, twenty minutes later in another phone call I am the biggest b***. It's a bipolar roller coster:eek: . I know I have no rights. I will leave that up to the parents. And it's not like I am trying to decide some major things. The most important thing is that the child loves me and we adore each other. :D

jonas

Get caller ID, and don't answer the phone when she calls. Let dad deal with those communications.
Oh I got caller ID. I can hear her calling me names while she is on the phone venting to my bf. The worst is that the their daughter is listening to all of this and mom doesn't see anything wrong with it. She got hold of my email. I am keeping all the whacky conversations.

nextwife

Oh I got caller ID. I can hear her calling me names while she is on the phone venting to my bf. The worst is that the their daughter is listening to all of this and mom doesn't see anything wrong with it. She got hold of my email. I am keeping all the whacky conversations.
Why do you allow a child to hear any of this? Turn down the monitor volume, for heaven's sake.

I don't my my kid listen to my answering machine messages!

jonas

Why do you allow a child to hear any of this? Turn down the monitor volume, for heaven's sake.

I don't my my kid listen to my answering machine messages!
Oh you misunderstud me. Her mother is doing this. We have the child two nights a week and most of the time don't hear from her mother while she (kid) is with us. She (mom) calls while the child is with her and on many occasions we could hear the child telling mom to stop. Our answering machine is in our bedroom so kids cannot hear it.

justalayman

Hey justalayman,
thank you for your input. As far as the comment about me making the problems you are way off on this one.

It was not a condemnation of your actions, merely a warning to be careful about how you interact in this situation. If you PO the bf's ex, she can (and probably will from the sound of it) cause a lot of problems for your BF.

Since you are a GF at the moment, you need to be careful to not interfere with the daughter/dad/mom relationship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">