• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legally married?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

turfmanager

Yes. We were legally married and have a legal foreign document. What we don't have is a legal license in Arkansas as we never filed any papers here.

justalayman

Yes. We were legally married and have a legal foreign document. What we don't have is a legal license in Arkansas as we never filed any papers here.
why do you think you would have to obtain a license in Arkansas? After all, you weren't married in Arkansas. You were married somewhere in the Caribbean.

why do you think you would have to obtain a license in Arkansas? After all, you weren't married in Arkansas. You were married somewhere in the Caribbean.
I don't know if it was required but my wife and I got married in Aruba. Upon our return, we went and registered our marriage at the local town hall just to be sure.

Bali Hai

I don't know if it was required but my wife and I got married in Aruba. Upon our return, we went and registered our marriage at the local town hall just to be sure.
Congratulations, hopefully you'll be just as sure when the divorce complaint is filed there too.

Ladyback1

What did you mean with the divorce comment. Why would you think that I'm headed for divorce?
don't get all paranoid or angry or upset...Bali was, by his account, terribly burned in his marriage and subsequent divorce. He has little to no faith in the whole "married" thing, anymore. He's jaded, cynical, bitter and outspoken--but we've all heard his tales of woe and financial ruin.

don't get all paranoid or angry or upset...Bali was, by his account, terribly burned in his marriage and subsequent divorce. He has little to no faith in the whole "married" thing, anymore. He's jaded, cynical, bitter and outspoken--but we've all heard his tales of woe and financial ruin.
I thought he was trying to be funny but the joke was lost on me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">